Tuesday, January 6, 2009

West coast weather, work, and a new kitten

Today is the sort of day where in a logical world only a raving idiot would move further than three feet from their doorstep. And even then, said idiot would only venture that far if properly equiped with gumboots, umbrellla, raincoat, rainpants, a flask of hot coffee, and a dire family emergency occuring right there on the soggy pavement.

Of course, the world being the irritatingly irrational place it is, we actually have to squelch our way to work. And I do mean squelch. Thanks to a freak two weeks of snow followed by a torrential downpour of rain you can't walk two steps without sinking into 6 inches of icy slush. Let's hope it all runs off in a few days.

I currently work as a VeterinaryAssistant at two different clinics. "Veterinary Assistant" is a rather ambitious term. A more accurate description would be "clinic-slave,-scapegoat-and-cleaner-up-of-all-things-foul". Don't get me wrong, I actually love MOST of my job. In fact, I'm quite happy to spend 75% of my time cleaning up unmentionables, wiping dogs bottoms, washing floors and cleaning litter boxes, because the other 25% is pretty wonderful. I love administering medications, playing with boarding dogs, brushing cats and grooming the animals. And really, I couldn't work in any other environment. The only thing I dislike is being so low on the office hierarchy, I spend a lot of time either being ignored, micromanaged or talked to as if I took the special bus to school. Ah well, it can't be like this forever.

In other news, I adopted a kitten. She is currently nameless as my husband and I can't stop arguing about it. I favour Zuma or Trillian, he prefers Cat-thulhu or Mewsollini. If we don't decide soon "that damn kitten" is going to stick

1 comment:

  1. Zuma rocks! Trillian is also cute. Mewsollini is funny but...meh on Cat-thulhu. How do you even pronounce that. :\

    A flask of coffee huh? ;D

    ReplyDelete